Friday, July 11, 2008

51 Blog Interview: Justin Thigpen

Justin Thigpen
Freshman at Samford University
Attended Westwood for about 5 years

What are some of your hobbies/ interests?
Coin collecting and watching football

Activities/ sports you like?
Ultimate Frisbee, backyard football, and basketball

Do you have a job?
I am the supervisor at Campus Dining Inc.

What is your favorite passage of scripture and why?
Jeremiah 15:19 - Therefore this is what the LORD says:
"If you repent, I will restore you
that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
you will be my spokesman.
Let this people turn to you,
but you must not turn to them.

I like it because it gives me great encouragement to go and make disciples.

What is your favorite TV show?
The Unit

What is your favorite band?
The Smashing Pumpkins

Where do you serve in the church?
Drama Team

What do you like about serving in this area?
Ministering and teaching through dramas.

When did you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior? Tell us briefly about what God has done in your life since then.
Age 9, God has shown me a passion for the church. I’ve tried to teach and lead and serve the church ever since.

What has been one of your favorite memories from the student ministry?
We went to Mexico on a mission trip once and while we were sitting at a restaurant a group of Mexican dancers danced right in front of us. They weren’t very physically fit, so it was very funny!

If you could give one word of wisdom to your peers what would it be?
80% of all Christians become Christians in high school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start off the comments... Thiggy you're pretty much the coolest! (26)

Anonymous said...

I'll say that's a mighty fine picture of you Thiggy...

Lori said...

I love Thiggy.

Momma Di said...

I love you Justin and I thank God that you are in my life and in my family's life. Your friendship with both Whitney and Andrew is very comforting to me.

PS: I have your bed at the house ready for you whenever you decide to sleep over!!!