Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Next month sermon series: Why not to roll houses...or cars


Despite the rain, I can see out of my front window that the toilet paper I could not reach at the tips of my tree are shriveling around the limbs.  My yard was rolled at DNOW last weekend.  A few years ago my 3 months-along-hormonal-pregnant wife went Rambo on a DNOW group for rolling our house.  I wasn't mad then.  I am not mad now.  However, I do find great pleasure in the 2 case studies currently in our Student Ministry for why you should not roll.

#1. Mallory Gray - currently has 2 casts on her 2 arms.  While rolling a house, Mallory & her friends got caught.  They ran, but she did not see the foot-high, brick wall surrounding the lawn she assaulted.  The wall faught back, and she fell head long, breaking both her arms.  My question is very practical.  How does she put on deodorant now?

#2. Tim Pearson - currently serving time in the Alabaster jail...j/k.  Tim decided to bring some vigilante justice to Don Collins, who just so happened to have been the responsible party behind my yard's desecration as well as many others that night.  Tim waited until LIFE Groups were happening at the Amstar Movie Theatre, and he started to roll Don's truck...in the Amstar parking lot.  Long story short, the cops caught him, beat him around a little bit, and threatened him with "Juvi."  You can catch Tim on an upcoming episode of "Cops."

I confess.  I did my share of rolling in...like...middle school.  The greatest feat being the rolling of my friend Odie's house in broad daylight on a busy street.  However, as a Student Pastor who has spent countless hours of my life picking up toilet paper in my front yard, I get a kick out of a small dose of kharma.

And, just to let eveyone know, my PARENTS caught the 10th grade boys rolling my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats just embarrassing. I mean who gets caught?