Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Project # 9

For Project #9, Lori & Sandy Enloe took Liz Hinrickson, Jennifer Shaw, Sharyn Demoss, Courtney Jordan, Cayla Crabb, Caitlyn Enloe, and the one and only (though pretty smart I guess) dude Mark Hermecz to serve a meal at Jessie's Place, a shelter for women in downtown Birmingham. They met at the Enloe’s house at 2:00 and started preparing the meal. A group of students chopped tomatoes (see Courtney Jordan for the coolest way every to chop a tomato), a group of students made chocolate chip cookies (it was very sad when they would break so we would have to eat them), and a group of students cooked the taco meat. I can honestly say the tacos would not have reached their perfection without the mad stirring skills of Cayla Crabb.

Lori said, "Before we left I prayed that the residents would not see a group of high school students but would see Jesus in our service. We knew that God answered our prayer when one of the residents said, 'Ya’ll are the happiest bunch of people I have ever seen to be serving a meal. That can’t be ya’ll…it has to be Jesus.'”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, you spelt my name right the first time. but then you start discussing my mad stirring skills and you TOTALLY spell my name wrong.

you just broke my heart.
:(

Anonymous said...

that's better:)