Thursday, November 8, 2007

(hard) CORE groups: Middle School

This semester we kicked off our first ever middle school CORE group and it has been really cool. Over the course of this semester we have been walking through a book called My Faith and looking at what it means to be a "Christian." We have been asking question such as: What do we believe? How does our faith effect our life? What does God want outta me? What is the church? And lots of other great questions. Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lisa and I have had a blast getting to hang out with the group and see them learn about their faith. Last week I even caught myself looking forward to being the quarter back for the guys who play football in the parking lot afterwards!

I am excited about these last few weeks as we wrap up the semester for Christmas. Here is our schedule for the remaining weeks:

Sunday November 11- CORE groups (read Sections 10 and 11)

Sunday November 18- CORE groups (read Section 12 -last section!)

Sunday November 25- NO CORE groups (Thanksgiving Break)

Sunday December 2- last week of CORE groups for the semester.

To any parents who are reading this, I would like to invite you to come and hang out with us on our last week, Sunday December 2. We love being with your students and want to meet you as well. The last week is going to be kind of an "end of the semester" party it would be great for you to come and be a part of that with us.

(and to anyone in my CORE group who is reading this..."word")

Lacy

No comments: